[Amps] Tube Autopsy

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Tube Autopsy
From: k7fm at teleport.com (COLIN LAMB)
Date: Tue Jan 28 14:11:48 2003
> I save 'em in a tight fitting drawer.  Quite a few will fit in the drawer
> because they occupy little space and weigh next to nothing

Now, Rich, if you put too many vacuums in a drawer, the vacuums will
eventually decompose (they cannot combine), causing a big bang.  This big
bang will create such a pressure change that the end result will be a new
vacuum.  This ebb and tide will result in parasitic oscillations around the
vacuum, until equilibrium is again reached.

The only way around this is to insert vacuum suppressors into the drawer,
to stave off the big bang.

I have learned that the perfect vacuum suppressor is composed of Limburger
cheese, filled with antimoney.  This suppressor creates a gas that absorbs
the vacuum and prevents it from running rampant.

None of the commercial manufacturers are willing to admit to this.  The
secret would be to insert a small chunk of Limburger cheese under the
filament in each new tube.  Until they do, it will be necessary to sell
these suppressors as an after market device.

I have them available for $9.36 apiece, delivered postpaid to the US only.

Colin  K7FM