[Amps] HELP: obsolete power zener for a TL-922

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] HELP: obsolete power zener for a TL-922
From: stevek at jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Tue Jan 28 18:17:30 2003
Cheaper, probably, but I can't see why they'd be more rugged.  A 3A epi
rectifier should have about a 150A top 300A surge rating, and so does a 7.5V
50W zener.  (Actually a good 50W stud zener is probably good for 1000Apk @
1ms.)   And the zener will have a sharper "knee," and a more defined v/i
characteristic, perfect for regulating.  -WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill