[Amps] rebuilding switches?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] rebuilding switches?
From: rdhcai at msn.com (Richard Hamlin)
Date: Sat Feb 8 15:56:09 2003
Have any of you tried to rebuild arced rotary swithces?
I bought a beautiful Dentron tuner MT3000A, but the
SP18T rotary switch has some serious damage on the
rotor arm. This is the kind of switch that sort of drags
or pushes a dome shaped contact over the fixed contacts.
Between each fixed contact is sort of a ceramic "speedbump"
that skates the rotor contact up and over. The feeler that holds
the rotor contact has burned badly. I have no idea where to get
SP18T switch this size. Thanks much! rich WA7KMA