[Amps] Meter bulb in Ameritron amp?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Meter bulb in Ameritron amp?
From: sentek at sprintmail.com (Floyd Sense)
Date: Sat Feb 8 17:14:09 2003
Thanks to those who replied on this subject.  If anyone else ever needs a
bulb for an Ameritron amp, here's how it's done.

The lamp you need is Radio Shack part number 272-1141, which is a 12V lamp
that draws 25mA.  It's exactly the same size and shape as the original.
After the bulb has been replaced in the plastic holder (be very careful
while soldering the leads), I painted the bulb with a thin coat of white
latex wall paint with an artists brush.  The original bulb was painted
white, and this step is necessary unless you don't mind one meter being much
brighter than the other.  The resulting color and intensity almost exactly
matches the other meter.

K8AC