[Amps] The Philosophy of Science

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] The Philosophy of Science
From: k7fm at teleport.com (k7fm)
Date: Mon Feb 10 16:23:25 2003
Hi Eric:

I always used to impress some of the students who were not very scientific
by pulling out my circular slide rule and then calculating something to 10
digits.  Although my outer scale was longer than theirs, they were not
bright enough to figure out that the increased specificity was simply due to
my greater imagination.

I learned something important about life with that circular slide rule,
though.  That was that even though my outer scale was longer, my A scale was
much shorter.

K7FM

---