[Amps] FS -- Henry solid state amplifier, $850

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] FS -- Henry solid state amplifier, $850
From: vic at rakefet.com (Vic Rosenthal)
Date: Sat Feb 22 12:07:21 2003
For sale, Henry Radio solid state amplifier, model SS-750HF.  See

<http://www.radiodan.com/Henry/sshf_pix.htm>

This 3-year old amplifier puts out over 1 KW on 160/80 meters, and about 500 on
10 meters, from 8 2sc2879 bipolar transistors operating at 13.8v.  It is usable
in a mobile as well as fixed station environment.  It has just received eight
brand new matched transistors from RF Parts.  It has relay-switched output
filters, and an automatic bandswitching unit is available from Henry.

I am asking $850 (firm), plus actual shipping.  I also have a pair of Astron
RS70 70 amp power supplies that will comfortably power it, which I will sell
with the amp (only) for $225 each.  The amplifier cost $1250 new.

This amplifier is ONLY for someone who understands the considerations involved
in operating solid-state RF power devices!  It has very little protective
circuitry: only overcurrent and temperature protection.  Excessive drive,
incorrect band selection, excessive SWR, high voltage, etc. can and will damage
the transistors.  For this reason, I am selling it AS IS, although it is in
working condition.

Vic K2VCO