[Amps] Alpha 374 wanting to drop out??

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 374 wanting to drop out??
From: n5oe at inter-linc.net (Carlin Royal)
Date: Sun Feb 23 14:39:51 2003
Hello folks,
I have just bought an eto/Alpha 374 and it needs a little TLC. The k2 relay
that is supposed to work as a step start does not do its thing as it should, I
have installed a momentary contact switch to temp short the right hand side of
the relay to cause the high voltage to activate. What/where do I need to do
some probing to fix this right. Also during a qso and only 1kw out and low grid
and plate current the relays try to drop out like it is trying to protect
switch something, any ideas as to why this would happen if I am only drawing
around 80 or 90 mils of plate and grid current?? No resetting is needed to keep
going, it just sounds like two or three relays fall instead of the TR relay
during normal operation.
Thanks for any and all help
N5OE