[Amps] 2879 biasing

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 2879 biasing
From: nospam4me at juno.com (skipp isaham)
Date: Wed Feb 26 01:03:18 2003
Hi Dennis,
-
We don't need you to defend Bill, I'm sure he's old
and smart enough to post his own information.
If he actually has the data based on a working
design, I can't understand why would he not
want to provide that information upon a polite
request.
-
I didn't like his amplifier operation from a little
dirty to clean upon one (or even two) key downs. I
consider it poor practice.
-
Thermal characteristics of a pn junction are often
taught in BE101, but RF amplifier linearity, setup
and operation is probably not part of a basic
class.
-
I wanted to read some information based on his
actual experience, not some sleepy rehash of
data BE101 book text.
-
If he has actual values, why not post them. I'd
be very interested is his information. Depending
on thermal changes to linearize an amplifier is
poopy information.
-
Don't patronize me with "basically a big tube
man" statements.  I asked for any real world
information from Bill that we could review. Unless
we hear something back, I'll state that I think
much of what he writes is his BS or book 101.
-
I also don't need or your second "hard to make
the bias and class of operation transitions
between tube and solid state comment.  If Bill
has the data, lets rock and roll with the subject
... else BS alert.
-
Please post your information separate from
anything Bill might eventually throw out. I
don't need you to describe RF amplifier bias
circuits for me.   I need Bill to provide the
proof to his previous statements.  I'll be
happy to comment on some of your
information contained in your last Email.
That was all I asked from Bill.
-
In a separate thread or direct Email, we can
go over various ss bias networks with their
related pros and cons.  I agree with the later
part of your post that temp tracking bias
supplies are better.
-
Precision tracking bias circuits have been
available, described for years that prevent
significant shifts in bias, they are not
really hard to find.
-
skipp
-