[Amps] Amps Reflector

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Amps Reflector
From: 2 at vc.net (2)
Date: Sun Mar 2 20:03:04 2003

>Regarding the "discussions" between two individuals, one other possibility
>(other than two personalities fighting it out over pointless matters) is
>that one of the persons is wrong and the other one is trying to help educate
>other members of the Reflector by taking the time to point out errors.
>Unless errors are challenged and corrected, they tend to become gospel.

Good point.

>Although the statements recently made by the individuals are pointed, they
>contain enough information for us to choose to believe one or the other - or
>at least question what we hear.  If nothing else than causing us to think
>ourselves, it may prove highly useful.

My guess is that most of the kvetchers are of the opinion that vhf/uhf
parasitics are a myths, that feedback-C is so puny it can safely be
ignored, and that the real amplifier experts are those who claim they are.

>The great debate about the O-ring of the first shuttle disaster was very
>personal at times - even vindictive.  Finally, science overcame
>personalities - but only because those who had differeng views spoke out.
>Knowledge is not necessarily painless.

The differing views seem to have been squelched by the chillingly brief
O-ring in ice-water demo.
-  The current debate over the Colombia "anomaly" seems to contain some
vindictiveness too, Colin.

cheerz

To: <amps@contesting.com>