[Amps] Toroidal Tank Coils

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Toroidal Tank Coils
From: wlfuqu00 at uky.edu (Bill Fuqua)
Date: Mon Mar 3 11:12:28 2003
The phase relationship between voltage across and the current thru a true
inductor is always
90 degrees. It may be less due to series resistance in the inductor but in
an High Q inductor it should
be very close to 90 degrees.

Phase angle depends on your reference. It always takes two signals to
establish phase.
And in your case one is the anode and not the voltage across the inductor
itself.

Perhaps this will help clear some of the confusion.

73
Bill wa4lav