[Amps] Alpha 86

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 86
From: 2 at vc.net (rlm)
Date: Thu Mar 6 07:13:51 2003

>> Corona in a amplifier with a 3000V anode supply?
>>
>> >I thankyou Alek for that information.  I don't think I'll pursue it
>> >anymore.  The amp I have is 15 plus years old with the original
>> >3-500Z tubes and it still puts out 800 watts PLUS, with no sign of
>> >arcing, at least not yet.  I have never heard of corona washers
>> >before belive it or not.  I still learn something everyday, and that
>> >is good.
>
>Anyone who has built a Heath SB-1000 is very familiar with the corona
>washer. It is included with the kit. Perhaps one can download the manual
>from BAMA or somewhere if you want to see pictorials and installation
>instructions for it....

Thanks.  I know about the washer, Phil.  I've heard from a number of
SB-1000 and AL-80 owners who have experienced toasted bandswitch
contacts.  In some cases, there have  been two toasted bandswitches,  See
Fig. 15 on my Web site.

-  R. L. Measures, a.k.a. Rich..., 805.386.3734, AG6K,
www.vcnet.com/measures.
end