[Amps] Tuned Input

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Tuned Input
From: WD8JJA at arrl.net (Davis_R)
Date: Mon Mar 10 10:09:20 2003
Hmmm, 'minimum is under 1.2 to 1' ? that makes me wonder --

1.2 to 1 seems pretty tight, what would the VSWR bandwidth be?

Makes me ask a question -- I have an FL-2100B, I bought it used and it seems
to work FB, but I checked the input coil alignment and found one band (20 m
if memory serves me correctly) that I could not bring down low enough to
really make me happy. I think it was 2 - 3 to 1 at best.  (I don't think any
were as low as 1.2 to 1). What do I look at to improve this?  Is it likely
to be the adjustable inductor? Or would it be easier to replace one or both
or the tuned input capacitors?

Rick, WD8JJA