[Amps] specific subject groups / mailing lists.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
From: nospam4me at juno.com (skipp isaham)
Date: Sun Mar 16 18:49:56 2003
>>>How about a separate mailing list for power supplies
>>>where only amplifier power supply discussions are
>>>allowed -- and all other topics are verboten?

Subject specific mailing lists tend to be very short
lived.  The only person who seems to really enjoy
them are the "net control" types who patrol them
for violators.  Even slightly off topic excursions are
met with public flogging.
-
The few item specific news groups I frequent are
quiet most of the time.
-
>>If *very detailed* discussion of power supply
>>design, was repeatedly discussed by...
>> ... there would definitely be an excellent
>> argument for a 'hv-power-supply' mailing list.
-
Those of us who become bored with the extraneous
diatribe use the delete key.
-
> **  Oscillation is an issue that effects all amplifier
> builders -- except  those who use 813s.

I've not had a case of parasitic problems in grid
driven 813 amplifiers, but I've had my share of
oscillation problems. So few people are building
new 813 projects that most threads quickly wind
down to a dull roar.
-
cheers
skipp