[Amps] Re: Filament Current Limiting

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: Filament Current Limiting
From: w8ji at contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue Mar 18 20:40:23 2003
>  ** How about the filament choke for the inductance? I know very little,
but
> I seem to remember that an inductor resists rapid current change ? **

The filament choke cancels all differential mode inductance, because of the
bifilar winding. The inductance it does have is too low anyway to mean
anything.

Most of the current limiting is caused by series resistances and flux
leakage in the transformer itself. The dc resistance of the filament choke
plays a small role in this, but not the inductance of the filament choke.

73 Tom