[Amps] Parasites (parasitics)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Parasites (parasitics)
From: w9ac at arrl.net (Paul Christensen, Esq.)
Date: Thu Mar 27 09:45:01 2003
> If the designer carefully designs a parasitic suppressor that is custom
designed for that amplifier, that will solve the parasitic problem.

Okay, so then exactly what are the rules and formulas a designer should use
for his parasitic suppressor design?  What reference source do I use, as a
designer, to ensure that I have "solved  the parasitic problem?"

For most amplifiers, the equivalent circuit is most often a few turns of
wire as an inductor wound around a pure resistance.  With resistance and
inductance I can now calculate reactance and impedance at any operating
frequency.  Does the successful designer find a suitable reactance at the
maximum intended frequency for the amplifier?  At 30 MHz,  what values am I
looking for?

-Paul, W9AC