[Amps] Resonant Choke Filters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Resonant Choke Filters
From: garyschafer at attbi.com (Gary Schafer)
Date: Thu Mar 27 21:06:37 2003

RFlabnotes@aol.com wrote:

> P.S. If you have trouble figuring out your choke inductance, and don't have a
> bridge, I can supply you with several tips on measuring it with just a
> voltmeter and a resistor.

It may be a little more complicated than that. It seems most have lots
of trouble getting the choke tuned just right. I am not so sure that
different types of chokes may be more stable in their inductance values
than others. It would seem that as DC current starts to flow in the
choke its inductance is going to change somewhat. As inductance changes
the resonance changes.

I wonder if the make up of the choke has a lot to do with the success of
the tuned choke supply.

73
Gary  K4FMX