[Amps] Capacitor checker

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Capacitor checker
From: shr at medinaec.com (W0UN--John Brosnahan)
Date: Sun Mar 30 08:59:07 2003
At 01:11 PM 3/30/2003 +0000, Ed Stallman wrote:
>Can someone tell me what is a good low cost capacitor checker. I wanting to
>use this to check air and vacuum variable caps plus doorknobs, something
>that will check up to 1000 PF.

I think the "Almost All Digital" L/C Meter IIB is the best little
test instrument for low value (typical HF) components for
the money.  There are a lot of DVMs that have C and L ranges
but they are typically not very good for pF and uH readings.

IIB is $100 kit and $130 assembled and tested.  I use it all of the
time.

http://www.aade.com/

John  W0UN