[Amps] modern 811 designs?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] modern 811 designs?
From: n9rla at yahoo.com (Dan Evans)
Date: Sat Apr 5 22:42:09 2003
I would like to say thanks for all of the very
positive suggestions regarding an 811 amp design!

I received several excellant suggestions such as
copying the Ameritron designs, along with websites for
documentation.

Or possibly even a Collins 30L1...

Or using 8 tubes to make it really QRO!  Interesting
idea, but probably more complicated than I want to
start with.  Besides, I don't have 200 watts of
drive...I'll probably stick with 4, for now anyway.

Another suggested using GI7B's instead.  I've been
considering this, but I was hoping to use some old
junk box parts I already have to start with.
Primarily, I have a couple of old "TV" transformers
that I figured would be a good start for a sweep tube
amp, but probably wouldn't have enough mustard for the
GI7's.  I got them at a hamfest from an Old Timer who
was trying to clear out his closets:-)  "Yep, I'll
take $5, but you have to take the whole box of
stuff..." :-)  I'll still have to find some stuff, but
it'll get me started.

Anyway, I have several good plans to consider.  And
after another hamfest or two I should be ready to
start melting solder:-)

73
Dan
Dan Evans K9ZF