[Amps] G-G Amplifiers With No Tuned Input.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] G-G Amplifiers With No Tuned Input.
From: W4EF at dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Sun May 4 08:43:12 2003
How does the problem manifest itself, Rich. I have used the
Alpha 78 quite a bit with a Kenwood TS-940, Ten-Tec
Paragon, and Kenwood TS-950SDX. All of these rigs are
solid state, but don't seem to have any trouble driving the
Alpha 78.

BTW, the Paragon uses relay switched low-pass filters (5
pole I believe) to filter the output of their PA. I suspect
Kenwood does similarly. These filters may be providing
the needed energy storage to average out the non-linear
impedance presented by the unfiltered cathode input on the
Alpha 78.