[Amps] Information Needed for Shipping Alpha &&

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Information Needed for Shipping Alpha &&
From: peter.chadwick at Zarlink.Com (peter.chadwick@Zarlink.Com)
Date: Fri Jul 11 09:00:16 2003
I guess this is more advice for shipping you, rather than the
Alpha......Bear in mind that if you're flying on a one way ticket, you are
immediately more likely to get hauled out and searched etc because of  the
paranoia that now surrounds US air travel. Whatever you do, don't pay cash
for the ticket, either.  Make sure you arrive in plenty of time to check
in, too - I'd say allow at least an hour.  Try to avoid wearing anything of
metal, such as a metal belt buckle, or buttons. Also bear in mind that if
you're going to take any tools etc with you, you need to put them in
checked baggage - and even then, they get looked at very suspiciously.

Coming  back from Dayton, I had a lot  of questions because I had a pair of
scissors in my checked suitcase.............a colleague had a major problem
because he has injections for an arthritic condition. He was made to pack
the hypodermic in his checked bag last time he came to Europe, and of
course, the airline lost it. As the drugs had to be kept cold and the cold
bag they were in for travelling had long ceased to be  cold by the time he
got it back,  he was in deep do-do!

73

Peter G3RZP