[Amps] TE Amplifier Current Requirement

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] TE Amplifier Current Requirement
From: K1LE at ARRL.NET (Jeffrey Madore)
Date: Tue Jul 29 23:01:54 2003
Welding cable is nice to work with and is not all that expensive considering
the run is short.

The welding shop may crimp lugs for you at an additional cost. If not, I
don't think I would go through the trouble of renting a crimper. Tinning the
end using a propane torch and extra flux is possible, but it is easy to melt
individual strands if you're not careful. All you really need to do is wrap
the stripped conductor tightly with copper flashing and use a bolted or set
screw type lug. Near the battery I would use no-ox or other corrosion
inhibitor...and a good low resistance fuse arrangment.

 73,

Jeff - K1LE - CT ><>

---