[Amps] Powering 400w mobile amplifier...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Powering 400w mobile amplifier...
From: w2fca at capital.net (Frank Ayers)
Date: Tue Jul 29 23:01:52 2003
I would go with #4 or heavier, and run a ground to the battery or the block
where the battery is grounded. I'd also fuse both leads. You can find
cartridge fuse blocks that work just fine. Years ago, when in college, I
worked at a two way radio shop. The high band radios that were in taxis and
the like were grounded by the radio. The conservation police always had hot
and ground run and they never had problems - the cabs did.
One other thing - are you running this on FM or SSB/CW?

Frank
W2FCA