Re: [Amps] Input Impedance of GI-7BT Triode

To: "Mike Tubby" <mike.tubby@thorcom.co.uk>, "K7ZS" <k7zs@earthlink.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Input Impedance of GI-7BT Triode
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@qsl.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 16:05:12 +0100
On Sunday 14 September 2003 08:55, Mike Tubby wrote:
> The easiest thing to do would be:
>
> a) to guess
> b) take it to a friendly RF engineer who has a network analyser

A network analyser won't help without some messing, the measurement needs to
be done at full drive level.

You can feed the amp through a ATU, tune for best match, then put 50 ohms on
the transmitter end of the ATU and measure the impedance looking into the
amp. end - that will give you the conjugate of the tube impedance.

Steve