[Amps] Coax Switches

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Coax Switches
From: W B Reese <amps@radions.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 22:41:54 -0700
Dear Amps,

I have two antennas at my home, One transceiver & One Amplifier.

The transceiver is a Elecraft 2K/100 with KAT100, it switches between two antennas, very handy.

What I would like to do is to switch the amplifier from "Line A" to "Line B" at the flick of a switch.

All I can find is single pole coax switches, but I think I need a double pole double throw.

In other words, in Position #1 The amp is in Line A, Line B connects directly to the transceiver. In Position #2 The amp is in Line B, Line A connects directly to the transceiver.

Does anyone know how I could do this?

Right now my system is: In Line A to Line B, Unscrew coax from antenna #A to amp, Screw coax from Antenna #B onto amp. Unscrew Antenna B off of transceiver and Screw Antenna A onto transceiver.

Cumbersome & slow!

Thanks for any advice!

TR WB6TMY
http://www.radions.net/spamfltr.htm