RE: [Amps] Tuning a 30L-1

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [Amps] Tuning a 30L-1
From: "David Harmon" <K6XYZ@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 20:01:09 -0800
Hi Pete....yes, all 30L-1 amps had that voo-doo tuning circuit and the
operator and the amp will be well served to avoid its use. It is
frequency sensitive and if it is aligned incorrectly, the operator can
easily burn up the tubes as I did.
Avoid the Collins propaganda and tune this amp in a conventional manner
with a wattmeter and pulser.

Regards

Dave Harmon
NSRCA 586