[Amps] searching for original 4cx1000 qst project info

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] searching for original 4cx1000 qst project info
From: skipp isaham <nospam4me@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:21:20 -0800
Ralph Emailed me looking for a clue and info a QST
Amp project using the 4cx1000 as described below.
If any of you recognize this project by date/issue and
can provide the source info, he and I would appreciate
it very much. Post your replies here on amps and I'll
forward it back to Ralph.

cheers (and thanks)
skipp
nospam4me@juno.com

[snip and paste]
Approximately 20 or more years ago an article appeared
in QST about a final amp that used a 4cx1000. It was built
by a college professor that taught at New Mexico State in
Las cruces. (last name began with an "M" and I never
heard it pronounced so I can't remember it). This amp
used a 50 ohm passive resistor for the grid circuit and
had protection from plate current overload--loss of
bias--over and under screen current and over grid current.
Best simple system I ever saw. Of course I have lost my
copy and desperately need the article (with integral circuit
diagram). I have had difficulty constructing a parasitic
suppressor that works to my satisfaction so I would like
comments on a specific fix for this problem. Any help
will be appreciated--all comments listened to.
Ralph w5otp.