[Amps] Real power from GU74b?

To: " AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Real power from GU74b?
From: "Richard" <translations@qdnet.pl>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 03:48:05 +0100
According to one catelogue, a GU74b valve will give 600w output, yet I have
seen one manufacturer of amateur amps claiming he got a healthy 1kw out a
single valve.

Am I skeptical believing this is a re-run of "we can get 400w out of a
4CX250b" story, or is the catelogue I have seen the 600w figure quited from
wrong, as I did see another catelogue quote 800w.

Of course it is always possible to more than a catelogue says one can get
out of a valve, at the cost of shotening its life...

Rgds

Richard
SO5GB, Warsaw