[Amps] More Eimac Info + some web data wanted.

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>,vhf-dx-discuss <vhf-dx-discuss@blacksheep.org>
Subject: [Amps] More Eimac Info + some web data wanted.
From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 00:50:04 +0000
I've posted a reasonable set of data sheets for mainly Eimac tubes
(plus one base and one chimney) at

http://www.g8wrb.org/

you will find the following PDF's - is should be obvious what tubes
they refer too.

3cpx5000a7.pdf           4cx1000a.pdf
eimac-tube-computer.pdf
3cx15000b7.pdf           4cx1500b.pdf             sk606series.pdf
3cx1500a7.pdf            4cx250b.pdf              sk660a.pdf
3cx5000a7.pdf            4cx350.pdf               yc156.pdf
4cx10000d.pdf            7213.pdf

I've also put the "Eimac Tube Performance Computer there"

I'm hosting this on my own web server. If anyone does download
anything, could you drop me an email at:

http://www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/~davek/myemail.jpg

and tell me if it went smoothly. I've never run my own server before,
but are somewhat bothered by what appears to be a large number of
requests for parts of the file eimac-tube-computer.pdf (the PDF I
announced recently) - suggesting perhaps someone did not get it all
and so their software retries. Perhaps they use software that gets a
chunk, then requests more.

Note this is not hosted on a fast link, but a standard ADSL
connection, which will have a total download speed for all users of
only 64-256 kbit/s. If I'm using it too, then speed will slow further.
So I'm not expecting very fast transfers.

I have been making some changes to the modem/router/firewall, which
have required that device to be rebooted.

Given the notes above, I suggest you at least confirm the size of any
files downloaded - they are given at
http://www.g8wrb.org/data/info.txt

Also given in that file is the MD5 checksums, which will verify with a
very high degree of certainty the files are not corrupted in any way.
(I guess you could argue that if they are PDFs and work, that is
fine).

Anyway, some feedback would be appreciated.

If you have a PDF of any other tube that is not readily availble on a
manufacturer's web site, let me know and I'll add it to the site.

the day they start making vacuum cleaners." -Ernst Jan Plugge.

Dr. David Kirkby Ph.D
Author of 'atlc' http://atlc.sourceforge.net/