Re: [Amps] AL80A question

To: "Randall Lake" <rlake@ne.rr.com>, " AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL80A question
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 07:17:36 -0800

>Thanks for the link to the bandswitch info but my bandswitch is fine......

**   good news

>If I take out the tube it makes no difference....still no power...ie. no
>lights no fan no nothing...completely dead....no blown fuses...looks like no
>ac power getting into the amp at all....anything further?

**  Start at the input side of the on-off switch, move along toward the
HV transformer primary, and find out where the mains-V disappears.   If
you get the amp to start blowing fuses, to save fuses and time, connect
one 200w - 300w, 120v incandesent lamp across each fuse.  When the lamps
see a short, they will light and limit I to a safe value, sans-fireworks..