Re: [Amps] Re: SB-220 on 220V

To: <rlm@mail.somis.org>, "Dave Haupt" <emailw8nf@yahoo.com>," AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Re: SB-220 on 220V
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 16:43:44 -0800
Roughly Zero Volts DC - since the neutral and safety ground
are connected together at the AC mains service entrance.
If you want to do things per NEC, you aren't supposed to
let the chassis connection carry any return current, therefore
the neutral wire shouldn't be connected to chassis if its
also carrying load return current (as in the case of the Henry
2K-D). If you don't give a hoot about NEC, then you can run
the load return current through the third wire chassis
connection if it makes you happy. Even if its a green wire,
the electrons won't care (unlike a building inspector).