[Amps] RE: 3-500Z plate durability...

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] RE: 3-500Z plate durability...
From: KD7EFQ@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 06:19:10 EST
Hello all, This is a very interesting topic. It seems to me several American
amplifier manufacturers are as bad as "used car salesmen" when they tout their
3-500Z amp design.

One claims that their's is better because they use a bigger transformer to
get legal limit out of a pair of 3-500Z's. Another claims that their 3-500Z is
better quality, as they they don't drive their 3-500Z's beyond factory rated
"continuous" ratings, although it doesn't quite do the legal limit, and it
generates less noise and heat due to the reduced cooling needed for their
design.
As it takes about a 4X power change to get an increase of 1 "S" unit, I really
dont think the difference between 1300 and 1500 watts means anything.

Kind of like, " My dad can beat up your dad" reasoning, Hi Hi.

73, Todd - KD7EFQ

"The Race is over...THE RATS WON!"