[Amps] Linearising Amplifiers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Linearising Amplifiers
From: gw4dgu@blaenffos.org
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 00:33:26 -0000
Hello All

A few quick notes/comments as it's late:

Simon Whittle's notes on the Cree site _are_ a good primer. Simon knows his
stuff, and FWIW we've narrowly avoided being co-workers in the past.

Polar-loop linearisation is much the same as EE&R It all depends on where
you put the amplitude modulator. A linear amplifier isn't a prerequisite.

I'm currently fascinated by the Cheirex topology, dating from the 1930s. A
linear transmitter using a pair of highly non-linear amplifiers and a phase
modulator.....

Vy 73

Chris
GW4DGU