[Amps] Deteriorating Electrolytics in PCs etc

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Deteriorating Electrolytics in PCs etc
From: "David Lisney" <g0fvt@lisney.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:54:35 -0000
Hi,
I have replaced a few hundred electrolytics in PC motherboards, quite a few
ABIT boards and an HP.
Symptoms as described elsewhere on here... random lockups etc. I have a
sketchy website www.lisney.org.uk which shows an Abit motherboard with
replaced capacitors...

In my case the pcs had been running 24/7 for a long time when they started
to go downhill.. I am sure that many motherboards used these capacitors, the
number of Abit boards I have been involved with repairing merely reflects
the large number of my friends that are using them.

73s de David G0FVT