Re: [Amps] Tough valves?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tough valves?
From: "Ian White, G3SEK" <G3SEK@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:52:57 +0000
Richard wrote:
I will be transmiiting with my valve amplifier from my summer cottage this year which g me worried that transporting the amp (1xGU74) to and from my home to the cottage might not be the best thing for the valve itself. But then I see many DXpeditions use the same amp on many trips, so the resilance o valves being bounced around in cars and planes must be quite reasonable.

So the question I have to the group is are (ceramic) designed to faithfully stay in one place, or can the take the punishment of beig moved happily around in the back of the car etc, and to what extend can they take this?

Much more than you can!

Don't worry about it.