Re: [Amps] Tough valves?

To: "Richard" <translations@qdnet.pl>, "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tough valves?
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 04:51:11 -0800
**  Probably the most rugged valves/tubes around are those with
thoriated-tungsten mesh filaments.  Examples are the 8170R/4cx5000R,
3cx1000A7, 4cx1500A, the 4cx10,000J, et cetera.    However, shipping such
valves in a separate padded box is still a good idea since a valve that's
dislodged from its socket can break a vacuum capacitor.