[Amps] Re:An 'expert' responds

To: kh6jj@mobettah.net, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Re:An 'expert' responds
From: Dennis12Amplify@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 00:00:52 EST
In a message dated 2/19/04 10:34:32 PM Central Standard Time,
kh6jj@mobettah.net writes:
Dennis the part number of the transformer you have
is for the SB-1000 export model.

 So it would only support a single 3-500Z instead of a pair.

 Obviously not what I thought I had.

There were a number of these sold off when Heath
went under.  I do not know the meter reference
number..  The number for the SB-220 is 54-237,
SB-221 is 54-238, and SB-200 is 54-151.
 Thank you Merv

Trying to remember the voltage for the exprt model
but seems to be low like 200 volts, so using it
on 220 causes a 10 percent increase in volts. Not
good for a USA replacement.
Would it have enough IRON?

 I know they use 50HZ overseas instead of 60HZ.

If you are going to part with the transformers I may
be interested in one for a home brew project and
can use a buck/boost transformer to make if work on
220.
What would you be able to use it for?

 I have 4 of them.

I had to use that buck boost trick myself on a Japan Radio Corp MRI amplifier
I repaired a few years back.
  Also interested in a meter or two.
 Were the meter numbers the correct part numbers for the SB220?
Can make
them usually work with multipliers.
If for sale please give me a price idea. thanks
very much.  sorry for bother..  73 Merv K9FD
 Still trying to verify the meter part numbers before I sell any to anyone.

 I really do appreciate your help.

 I notice you are a K9 call.

If you are located anywhere near Frankfort, Illinois, stop over and I will
give you a free meter just for helping me determine exactly what transformers I
have.

 If you have the any spec sheets for that transformer, could you send me a
copy?

 Regards,

Dennis O.