Re: [Amps] AL-1200 Intermittent HV Short

To: jimhomer@email.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-1200 Intermittent HV Short
From: ka1xo@juno.com
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:03:11 GMT
Dear Jim,

FedEx paid off on the EMTRON DX-3 damage claim after 13 weeks of denial, only
because WABC Radio and an attorney were involved. They paid because we asked
for an independent third-party analysis of the shipping damage and that's when
they couldn't locate the amplifier: It disappeared from their warehouse.

UPS has still not settled with the ALPHA damages. There have been two
examinations of the shipping containers. The power transformer was in one box,
and that was slammed so heavily the tranny broke through two boxes. Both
investigators had the temerity to stand there, looking at the torn cardboard
and say that there was no evidence that the transformer poked its way out from
the inside. I then emptied all the excess peanuts and showed them the bottom of
the inner cardboard box where the tranny pushed through, and then showed them
the inner surface of the outer container with corresponding damage, and still
they denied seeing how the damage was from inside out.

I am convinced that damage claim investigators for package courier services
such as UPS and FedEx are trained specifically to deny claims against their
employer no matter what the evidence. In the above case of the ALPHA, an
official UPS Store, Inc was in charge of the wrapping, boxing and shipping, and
still they denied proper packaging. When pictures of the process were produced
there was a moment of silence and then the investigator said that the
transformer must have been taken out of the box when the shipper left the
store, and dropped.

The official policy of UPS and the UPS Store, Inc as regarding protection of
merchandise is an insult to their customers' intelligence when something goes
awry.

Like going to Atlantic City, be prepared to lose whatever you have, and if you
cannot afford to lose, don't gamble.

Hal Mandel
KA1XO