[Amps] Shipping Stuff By Bus

To: "Jim Homer" <jimhomer@email.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Shipping Stuff By Bus
From: "Phil Clements" <philk5pc@tyler.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:07:15 -0600
> As for shipping Ham Gear, I am intrigued by the terminal-to-terminal
bus
> option.  I'm going to try it!

When I entered the hobby in the 1950's, my nearest radio emporium was
40 miles away, and I was 14 years old. They would take my order over
to Greyhound Bus Lines, and it would be in my home town within hours.
The most dangerous part of this mode of transportation was the trip on
my bicycle from the bus station to the ham shack! The bus is to this
day a very good method of getting things in one piece, as it is a 100%
human manual operation.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC