[Amps]

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps]
From: "K8ZE" <K8ZE@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 20:50:27 -0500
Hi all

I think this tube came into being from a fellow who repairs broadcast
transmitters.  He expressed a need for a single tube replacement for a pair
of 3-500s.  It is my understanding it started out life as a 3cx1200 with a
1500 watt plate dissipation anode.  I spoke to this guy and you could
purchase one of these from him at that time.  He had a small production run
made and has a stock of them, or did then.  It looks like it has gone a step
further.  That is all I know about the history on this.  Now please remember
this is all speculation on my part.  It is based on my conversations with
Emaic and this fellow (he is located in Ohio).  He is not a ham, in other
words he is normal.  So all of this is complete SPECULATION on my part and
may be BUNK.  These conversations occurred last year and I am getting old so
the second thing that goes is memory, don't even want to talk about the 1st
thing!

I sent the sheets to Jim and a couple of others. he indicated he has a
commercial site that he will post them at . stat should make them available
to all . and if you have a problem with them I will re send them jim .
remember the specs are TENATIVE . for example the sheet calls for 6.3 v fil
and it will be 5 v . it will be interesting to see your comments .

mike

k8ze