Re: [Amps] Serious design stage

To: Phil Clements <philk5pc@tyler.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Serious design stage
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:06:10 -0700

On Apr 20, 2004, at 10:17 PM, Phil Clements wrote:

There must be some reason this is not a good idea as I have never
seen
it done.

Any comments???

Been there, done that, works great!

This is the scheme used when adding the big Peter Dahl transformer to
the Alpha 77SX.
There are many out there in use; the guys just don't talk about it
much!

 amen, Phil. Gentlemen don't like to admit that they cheat in radio contests. I knew a ham in San Diego whose HV transformer went in a St. Bernard-size dogless doghouse built on a concrete slab outside the radio-room window.

Rich Measures, AG6K, 805.386.3734. www.somis.org/