Re: [Amps] filament supply options

To: stevengrant98@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] filament supply options
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 07:30:38 -0700

On Apr 25, 2004, at 6:53 AM, Steven Grant, W4IIV wrote:

thanks for the tip...your correct...wouldnt using DC cause a bias condition that may cause linearity problems?.......steven

ï My guess is probably. 5v bias shift make a considerable difference in anode current for a high-Mu triode.
cheerz, Steve

"R. Measures" <r@somis.org> wrote:

On Apr 24, 2004, at 10:45 AM, Steven Grant, W4IIV wrote:

> Hi steve
> the voltage shoud be 4.8 volts for maximum tube life. 5 volts or more
 > will cut tube life with very little benifit.
> the reason AC is used has to do with biasing, 5 volts DC with this
 > tube will affect biasing (in many amps, 5 volts is what they use to
> bias the tube to cut off)

à Steve : 25v will typically bias a 3-500Z to cutoff. 5v is typical
 operate bias.

Richard L. Measures, AG6K, 805.386.3734. www.somis.org

STEVEN GRANT W4IIV

Do you Yahoo!?
 Yahoo! Photos: High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25Â
Richard L. Measures, AG6K, 805.386.3734. www.somis.org