[Amps] List

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] List
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 09:30:53 -0400
I am planning to bring my tx tube tester ( if I don't blow it up first) to Dayton to
check tubes there.

So far I have been able to test:

 4x150 thru 4cx350 with pins and  bayonet bases.
I don't have a coaxial socket adapter.

4CN15 4CX350 with out fins

4cx1000 and 4cx1500.

4-125 thru 4-1000

8072, 8122

3-400Z and 3-500z

304tl and th

6146 and similar tubes.

Due to filament supply limitations I can't check tubes over 13.5 volts Vf or those that require more than 22 amps of current.
I don't know if I'll have a redesigned filament supply by then, too much to do as it is.
The whole idea was to make a portable tester that runs of a 12 volt battery.

I'd like to be able to test at least up to 3cx3000A7 and 4CX5000 tubes in the future.
And I suspect I could test 8877s but have none to try and have not made a socket adapter for it.

Does anyone have a list of AMP's people that are attending the Hamvention.
And perhaps have some fleamarket space numbers and perhaps simplex VHF frequencies that
they may monitor?

73
Bill wa4lav
2905