Re: [Amps] E-bay 12 tube 3-500Z deck

To: Amps Reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] E-bay 12 tube 3-500Z deck
From: Mark Hill <g4fph@mjha.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 16:44:04 +0100
Lane,

Thanks. That made me laugh a lot!

Perhaps, from the pictures, Rich, with his extensive 3-500 experience, would care to identify just a few of the reasons that make this amp. likely to disappoint operationally.

What is the power limit for US CB thesedays? I think the UK is still 4 W RF out.

(If anyone in the UK fancies a go at a reduced version of the 12 valve amp., I am about to eBay to mil spec. heater transformers, each of which is designed to run three 4-400 or 3-500.)

Regards.

Mark.