[Amps] Amertiron 811H keying Problems

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Amertiron 811H keying Problems
From: "Daniel Hileman" <n9wx@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 03:51:58 +0000
I am attempting to key an AL-811H with the internal relay on an FT-857. I think everything is wired correctly...we just get nothing, everything on the 811H seems fine. I wonder, the 811H says it needs 100 milli-amps to key it and the 857 says most amps need 25-75 milli-amps to key them and should be fine for them, is the internal relay not providing enough current? Anybody ran into this before? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Daniel Hileman N9WX