Re: [Amps] looking for

To: k8cc@comcast.net, Dominique.DEHAYS@enac.fr, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] looking for
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 12:05:42 -0700
On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 19:23:19 -0400 "David A. Pruett" <k8cc@comcast.net>
writes:
> At 08:49 AM 6/18/04 +0200, DEHAYS Dominique wrote:
> >I recall I found once a web page where a 2m amplifier was described.
This
> >amp used 2*8877 , and the amplifier was build around a modified
surplus
> >amp. Unfortunately I don't recall who did this , so I'm not able to
find
> >the pages agn. I recently bought a surplus cavity , and I wonder
wether it
> >is the same or not? Anybody recalls this design?
> >73's Dom/F6DRO
>
> Dom,
>
> I remember the article you're referring to.  It was written by a KL7
(I
> can't remember his call).  I think the pictures were on the K6NDV Amp
> Photos web site (now QRT, I believe).
>
> The deck he started with was some sort of Motorola unit which
originally
> had 4CX250s.  I don't believe it was a cavity design.
>
> Not much help, I'm afraid but maybe these details will jog someone's
> memory?
>
> Dave/K8CC

Hi Dom & Dave,

   That was the W7IUV site and the photos may still be seen via this
archive site:

Note: If these long links fold over in transmission they may need a bit
of re-assembly before use...

http://web.archive.org/web/20010907043222/http://angenent.org/W7IUV/kl7fb
/kl7fb_a.jpg

http://web.archive.org/web/20010907045402/http://angenent.org/W7IUV/kl7fb
/kl7fb_c.jpg

http://web.archive.org/web/20020327143416/angenent.org/W7IUV/kl7fb/kl7fb_
cathode.jpg

http://web.archive.org/web/20010907052608/http://angenent.org/W7IUV/kl7fb
/kl7fb_i.jpg

http://web.archive.org/web/20010907055055/http://angenent.org/W7IUV/kl7fb
/kl7fb_k.jpg

http://web.archive.org/web/20010907060941/http://angenent.org/W7IUV/kl7fb
/kl7fb_m.jpg

... and you can still see the complete site through this link

http://web.archive.org/web/20020124061234/http://www.angenent.org/W7IUV/a
mp-pix.htm

73 & Good morning,
    Marv WC6W

P.S. -- And if that archive site goes away, I'm certain that the NSA
still has the entire history of the internet "spinning".

*