RE: [Amps] Tube Burn In Question.

To: "'ab5mm'" <ab5mm@9plus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [Amps] Tube Burn In Question.
From: "Helge Skram" <helge.skram@tiscali.no>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 23:42:36 +0200
I purchased a new old stock Eimac 3-500Z to be a spare tube for my
AL-80B. Production was abt 1985. Inserted into the amp there was a blue
glow in the tube that was never present with the usual Pride tube. I
dared not to key the amp since I suspected the tube to be soft. Let it
on and after some time the blue glow was weaker. After about 20min there
was almost no blue glow.
Then I keyed the amp and let som power in. It worked fine also with more
power. There was no pop or bang even with max power, so a 15-20 years
old Eimac 3-500Z seems to require abt. 20 mins with heater on for "burn
in"

Helge
LA6MV