Re: [Amps] E rating of PVC

To: Amplificadores Lineales <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] E rating of PVC
From: GGLL <nagato@arnet.com.ar>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:22:29 -0300
I'm interested in this thread because I need a HV probe (upto 6 KV will be enough for me, I have seen a Fluke one, but here it's expensive), and the possibility to build one myself interest me. I know many of these have a large (long) resistor inside, also into a vacuum chamber for long term stability. Which resistor (string of, I suppose, not a single one) could be recommended to build a reasonably accurate, 10:1 probe?. My main concern is regarding this resistor reliability along time. I plan to use it attached to a 10 Meg input DVM, I also own an analog AVOmeter (model 20, 20000ohms/volt) but the readings will be different.
Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Best regards
Guillermo - LU8EYW.