Re: [Amps] RE: 4CX250B Screen Supplies

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>,hinrgdj@midsouth.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] RE: 4CX250B Screen Supplies
From: Will Matney <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:50:41 -0400
Mike,

Yes, his last name was Waldrop. If memory serves me correctly, he worked at the airport. You are correct about Majestic Communications, and Mr. Waldrop was who designed them years ago. I don't know if he worked some for Dick Orgal or he contracted out his help. This would have been in the early to mid 70's I think it was. If your familiar with those grid driven amps there at Majestic, that was what I modified and cleaned up. The design actually made a decent 10 and 6 meter amp when done correctly. Along with doing the power supply modifications, I added a good low pass filter on their tail ends also.

Will Matney

"Perchance, Will, would you care to divulge a name of the "engineer" in Memphis??? I've grown up with the ole' timers (elmers) most of whom are now SK here in Memphis and just wonder who this might be. Of course you know MACO here was churning out tons of grid driven sweep tube amps during the 70's. I cut my teeth on the guys that built 1 or 2 by 4-1000's G-G with a swinging choke and a 4ufd oil cap. There were a half dozen guys here at the top of the honor roll for DXCC hi....

Mike WD4EFI "