Re: [Amps] bring up an HT 41

To: "scm" <scm@carrollsweb.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] bring up an HT 41
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 06:27:28 -0700

On Aug 5, 2004, at 6:08 PM, scm wrote:

Hi everybody,

A friend is wanting to put an HT 41 back in service after many years of sitting. As best as I can find out on
the internet it has a pair of 866 rectifier tubes and 6 electrolytic filter caps.

I'm thinking he needs full line voltage to run the 866s but less plate v to try and save the caps. I was
thinking that he could run the hv primary from a variac for a while and the rest of the amp from normal line
v. Anyone have any ideas?

- Steve -- Do you want to preserve it as a museum piece or correct the errors in the original design and turn it into a decent amplifier?
end

thanks in advance

73,
Steve  wd0ct