Re: [Amps] 3-500ZG brands

To: "Clay W7CE" <w7ce@curtiss.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500ZG brands
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 03:45:11 -0700

On Aug 11, 2004, at 7:04 PM, Clay W7CE wrote:

I've just acquired a Kenwood TL-922A which needs a new pair of finals (one
of the filaments doesn't light up).

Clay -- Please mail me the tube with the open filament. I will repair it if possible, or, if not, autopsy it and post the picture of the guts on my Web site.

Does anyone have experience using the
Taylor or RF Parts branded 3-500ZG tubes in this amp? Does the cathode bias
need to be changed when switching to the 3-500ZG?

Not if the ZSAC is 75mA to 90mA per tube. However, the stock 7.5v ( zener in the 922) will usually be too much bias V. -- i. e., not produce enough ZSAC.
- end

Any recommendations will
be appreciated.

Thanks,